Who We Are
EIS Group is a global innovator, committed to providing the insurance industry with transformational platforms to enable their success. We deliver a digital insurance platform built to move insurance carriers closer to their customers.
At EIS Group, our mission is unwavering: continue to grow as a global leader—delivering innovative solutions that combine best-in-class technology with deep domain expertise and proven business practices, establish key business relationships, and to employ a talent pool of the best and brightest, well-trained, highly-motivated individuals.
Our culture is highly innovative, collaborative and focused on building and maintaining relationships that allow us to surpass our customers’ expectations. We embrace the qualities that make each of our team members unique and develop each other’s skillsets so that together we can be stronger than the sum of our parts.
We are looking for smart, dynamic and intuitive people to join our growing team of insurance technology professionals and industry experts.
About the Role
The Site Reliability Engineer/Solution Architect is an experienced and motivated technologist, who possesses a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. The Site Reliability manager will help launch and grow new digital platform services while collaborating with technical teams across the globe. The right individual will demonstrate the ability to think strategically about business, create technical definitions around customer objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies, motivate and mobilize resources, and deliver results.
Ideally, you’re someone who can write code with the best of them, but also wants to help guide the broader industry towards a technology you believe in. You have immediate credibility with technologists and developers at all levels and a strong desire to share your passion with others.
Our Solutions Architects are passionate about enabling innovation through continuous deployment in DevOps with technologies and leveraging deep knowledge of best practices in the use of Apache Kafka and complementary systems like Hadoop, Spark, Storm, relational databases, and various NoSQL databases.
- Tailor specific reference architectures to provide a performable, resilient, scalable, secure, distributed platform to meet, exceed, and maintain SLAs.
- Develop, document, and share tools, techniques or best practices which can be used by customers or others within EIS Group.
- Leverage expertise in the following areas:
- Data Modeling: design and test data models which are pragmatic, functional, and scalable.
- Application Implementation: demonstrate to the customer how to write robust and scalable data access code.
- Infrastructure: help the customer select on-premise hardware or cloud instance types based on workload and capacity assessments.
- Production Operations: help the customer deploy, configure, secure, maintain, monitor, scale, troubleshoot, test and tune EIS Kafka/Cassandra/Spark clusters.
- Instructive Consulting: in response to customer questions, provide ad hoc instruction that is shaped by the customer’s specific environment, requirements and constraints
- Identifying Needs: coordinate with internal sales to identify beneficial opportunities for EIS Group services or product expansion
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience programming for and operating DataStax Enterprise or Apache Cassandra and/or Apache Kafka in a production environment
- +7 years of hands-on technical experience, ideally blended across architecture, development, and operations
- Experience with other DataStax Enterprise and Confluent components: DSE Analytics / Spark, DSE Search / Solr, DSE Graph / Titan / Kafka/Confluent, a plus
- Superior communication skills – strong knowledge of written and verbal English is essential
- Minimum Intermediate-level Competency with the following:
- RDBMSs and one or more NoSQL databases (in addition to DataStax Enterprise/Apache Cassandra)
- One or more programming languages and paradigms
- Cloud IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Strong Linux CLI & Linux System Administration skills
- Application and system performance tuning
- Network infrastructure & IP networking, server hardware, virtualization, containerization
- Distributed application, data processing architectures and common enterprise architecture patterns
- Security considerations for physical environment, network, server, operating system, database, application, public & private cloud
- Queuing technologies, web application servers, front-end application development
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to and possibly over 50%)
EIS Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), M/F/Disability/Veterans, and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
Use the “Apply Now” button below, or apply here.