Who We Are
EIS Group is a global innovator, committed to providing the insurance industry with transformational platforms to enable their success. We deliver a digital insurance platform built to move insurance carriers closer to their customers.
At EIS Group, our mission is unwavering: continue to grow as a global leader—delivering innovative, transformational solutions that combine best-in-class technology with deep domain expertise and proven business practices, establish key business relationships, and to employ a talent pool of the best and brightest, well-trained, highly-motivated individuals.
Our culture is highly innovative, collaborative and focused on building and maintaining relationships that allow us to surpass our customers’ expectations. We embrace the qualities that make each of our team members unique and develop each other’s skillsets so that together we can be stronger than the sum of our parts.
We are looking for smart, dynamic and intuitive people to join our growing team of insurance technology professionals and industry experts.
About the Role
The Senior Software Architect drives innovation and brings new ideas into EIS Group’s digital insurance technology software products. She/he will need to “think big” and determine how new applications and corresponding processes can be used to solve business challenges in a creative, scalable, and impactful way. This role is the liaison between cross-functional teams and is responsible for leading the development of new features from conception through deployment. Experience with all facets of the software development lifecycle (analysis, requirements definition, design, development, testing, implementation, deployment, and support) is preferred as the role is intricately woven into each step. The individual must be an excellent communicator, tactful diplomat, problem solver, thinker, and analyzer – with the ability to understand and respond to user needs in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Develop business and functional design requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, user stories, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis
- Ability to convey technical and conceptual ideas/topics to non-technical audiences as well as technical personnel
- Work closely with development team and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Conduct user acceptance testing to ensure the system can be used easily, quickly and accurately and that all identified requirements have been met
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Develop the following documentation according to standard templates, using natural language
- Responsible for architecture and technical decisions made in assigned domain(s)
- Review and approve functional & non-functional development and create implementation guidelines for developers
- Support developers during feature implementation by explaining design details, and solving design issues
- Maintain up to date domain architecture documentation
- Assist with backlog creation and maintenance, define feature breakdown and sequence of implementation
- Design and document architectural solutions that meet client needs /fit into the overall system architecture
- Display high level of understanding of architectural and enterprise design patterns
- Define the technical strategy and the order of task implementation and will evaluate business requirements from the technical standpoint
- Gather technical information from customers and service providers to better fulfill both functional and non-function requirements
- Provide technical training and presentations for team and product stakeholders
- Identify, investigate and resolve a variety architecture any related problems such as performance, scalability, integration
- Capable of researching and developing new ideas, solutions, and improvements
- Participate in software quality control activities, assure product compliance with the requirements and specifications in all stages of design, development, and implementation
- Communicate design issues, suggestions/improvements, and customizations to the core product technical leads
- Solve integration and architectural design problems that can span across multiple domains
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge
- 5+ years Software Architect experience in commercial software development
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Professional experience architecting/operating enterprise solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Finance, Accounting, or similar field
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with both technical and non-technical professionals at all levels of an organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-oriented mindset
- Attacks challenges, solve problems
- Must be able to handle aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple responsibilities
- Ability to think creatively under constrained deadlines
- Deep sense of accountability and responsibility
- Knowledge of architectural, code level, and enterprise design patterns
- Ability to write clear architectural design proposals
- UML modeling techniques
- Advanced English written, reading and speaking skills
- Familiar with Agile Scrum
- Knowledge of Java Core and Enterprise technologies
- Experience working with open source frameworks
- Experience working with application servers (Tomcat, JBoss)
- Experience working with XML technologies
- Experience working with databases (SQL Server, Oracle)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong team player, supports friendly, cooperative and conflict-free team spirit
EIS Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), M/F/Disability/Veterans, and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
Use the “Apply Now” button below, or email your resume and/or CV to email@example.com.