Who We Are
EIS Group is a global innovator, providing insurance providers with transformational platforms to enable their success. We deliver tools, digital enablement, and advanced technologies that drive efficiency and empower clients to reimagine their businesses, exceed the expectations of their customers.
Our culture is highly innovative, collaborative and focused on building and maintaining relationships. We embrace the qualities that make each of our team members unique and develop each other’s skill-sets so that together we can be stronger than the sum of our parts.
We are looking for smart, dynamic and intuitive people to join our growing team of insurance technology professionals and industry experts.
About the Role
The EIS University Senior Curriculum Developer will use instructional design and curriculum development methodology to design and develop instructor-led and self-study training content for EIS University. The name EIS University refers to both the curriculum development team and the learning management system that enables project teams to successfully implement EIS Suite™, our modular, end-to-end insurance software solution.
Primary responsibilities include mentoring more junior curriculum developers, establishing and documenting best practices and processes, analyzing learning requirements, creating engaging content, and monitoring training effectiveness. Key deliverables include online self-study courses, physical/virtual classroom courses, videos, assessments, and technical articles.
- Use instructional design and curriculum development methodology to design and develop instructor-led and self-study training content for EIS University
- Prepare subject matter experts to lead courses through a train-the-trainer process
- Work with stakeholders to define learning needs by project team role
- Determine the most efficient way to address learning needs
- Effectively extract information from busy subject matter experts
- Create engaging content for all EIS Suite project team roles, from highly technical software developers to business users
- Develop assessments to evaluate and reinforce the learners’ understanding
- Assist in developing role-specific learning paths for EIS Suite
- Develop project-specific training for customers and partners
- Be a productive member of the EIS University scrum team
- Mentor more junior curriculum developers
- Help improve EIS products by providing feedback to engineering
EIS Group welcomes different mixes of skills and different professional backgrounds and is flexible on the exact mix of capabilities for this role. Superior candidates will have a strong combination of the following skills and experiences, and the ability and willingness to rapidly learn skills needed in areas where they have gaps:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ yrs experience developing training materials for software developers
- Demonstrated ability to make complex concepts understandable
- Excellent communication skills, including experience writing for the web
- Strong instructional design skills, including knowledge of design methodologies (ADDIE, SAM, Dick, and Carey, etc.)
- Ability to manage projects, including identifying and proactively solving problems
- Excellent graphic and presentation design skills, including mastery of PowerPoint or Keynote
- Highly experienced with Articulate Storyline, Rise, Camtasia, Captivate, or similar eLearning development software
- Experience creating and managing content in learning management systems and web content management systems
- This role may have up to 25% travel
- Experience in the insurance industry
- Experience leading professional training sessions as an instructor
- Experience with enterprise software technology, including Java servers and relational databases
EIS Group has a fast-paced, distributed work environment that is an excellent fit for motivated individuals who the ability to quickly and effectively engage in new challenges and opportunities. EIS Group also provides its employees with empowering mentorships, digital learning opportunities, and continuous professional opportunities to gain experience and develop employees’ careers. If you are ready to execute innovative solutions, apply new ideas, further hone your unique skillset, and join an exceptional professional services organization, apply now.
EIS Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), M/F/Disability/Veterans, and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
Thank you for your interest in EIS Group. By submitting your resume or employment application, we collect personal information, such as your education, training, qualifications, previous employment and other details you provide, as well as information EIS Group obtains from references or third party background checks (all the foregoing collectively, “Personal Data” constituting “Sensitive Personal Data” defined by prevailing privacy legislation). We will use your Personal Data to process your application.
For the purpose of evaluating your application, we may also share Personal Data with EIS Group’s entities, service providers, references and referees, and with a party that EIS legally combines a substantial portion of its assets, shares, or other business. We may also disclose your Personal Data when legally required (for example to tax authorities in order to calculate your appropriate taxation, compensation or salary payments).
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’:
- You consent to EIS Group collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data potentially outside the country where you reside, and/or to EIS Group’s third party service providers for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
- You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time, and to correct any errors.
- You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 12 months.
Please note that EIS Group does not accept resumes or honor referrals from parties seeking recruiting fees without a signed formal agreement in advance.