EIS Group is a global innovator, providing the insurance industry with transformational platforms to enable their success. We are committed to delivering tools, digital enablement, and exploring emerging technologies that drive efficiency and empower clients to reimagine the possible.
Our culture is highly innovative, collaborative and focused on building and maintaining relationships that allow us to surpass our customers’ expectations. We embrace the qualities that make each of our team members unique and develop each other’s skill-sets so that together we can be stronger than the sum of our parts.
We are looking for smart, dynamic and intuitive people to join our growing team of insurance technology professionals and industry experts.
About the Role
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for bridging the gap between the business and technology teams and has the primary responsibility to analyze, validate, and specify the needs of the project stakeholders, customers, and end-users. The Senior B/A must serve as a conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which the project requirements will flow, providing specifications and producing outline designs of IT requirements, specifying the data, files and logical operations the system will perform and delivery expectations of the end-user. Other key facets of this role include: documenting, translating, and simplifying requirements, definition, and execution of use cases, configuration within business tools, task and team management, and strategic planning. The Sr. B/A will work in conjunction with multiple departments – both nationally and internationally.
To Be Successful
In this role, superior business acumen and strong attention to detail will enable you to manage and coordinate the business & technical analysis, understand as-is processes, identify gaps, process re-engineering, and contribute to solution design. A solid understanding/experience in insurance vertical is a must, however, any significant experience could be considered an asset.
- Leverage insurance domain knowledge and work with clients on a project to understand their business needs and to resolve business issues; conduct discovery sessions, create blueprints and specifications; assist application architects in project effort estimations; translate blueprints and specs into Agile artifacts, manage changes to all artifacts and work with delivery teams to implement. Secure development/QA and client sign-off Identify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources and distribution paths, and system specifications.
- Work with EIS Group product management and technical resources to identify solutions to client requirements using existing EIS configuration mechanisms.
- Understand and analyze regulatory information to determine the impact on system and ensure the quality of system changes throughout the cycle.
- Create, with the project manager, the project definition, summarizing all of the requirements gathered and defining the scope of the solution, including what is NOT in scope, help identify and mitigate project risks.
- Work with senior IT staff and Quality Assurance/Testing groups to expand and enhance test documentation (test plans, test cases, and test scripts) and test execution skills.
- Conduct user training and system demos.
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in computer sciences, business management or similar field
- 5+ years of hands-on requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them
- 5+ years of hands-on leading platform implementations in enterprise solutions and/or insurance functional area experience
- 5+ years’ of hands-on experience as a Business Analyst, Systems Analyst or Programmer-Analyst
- Superior computer skills are a given, with expert knowledge in Access, Excel, reporting software, and other financial & statistical software packages
- Attention to detail is critical to the success of this position, with demonstrated competency in customer orientation and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent planning, communication, documentation, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Applied knowledge of the SDLC and software development methodologies
- Proficiency in SQL, database management
- Demonstrated ability to build Use Cases and requirements management tools
- Proven experience in analysis of business process, documentation presentation, and testing
- Experience with business analysis tools and basic knowledge of SQL required.
- Experience with object, process, or data modeling and object-oriented application development a plus
- Experience in systems implementation or integration projects is a plus
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm, and initiative on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, and forge strong interpersonal relationships within the department, with other departments, and with external audiences
- Seasoned experience/background in Property & Casualty and/or Life and Health Insurance marketplace a preferred; Extensive related experience will be considered
EIS Group also provides you with empowering mentorships and digital learning opportunities, to help further develop your career. If you are ready to execute innovative solutions, apply new ideas, further hone your unique skillset, and join an exceptional professional services organization, apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org
EIS Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), M/F/Disability/Veterans, and strongly supports and encourages diversity in the workforce.
Thank you for your interest in EIS Group. By submitting your resume or employment application, we collect personal information, such as your education, training, qualifications, previous employment and other details you provide, as well as information EIS Group obtains from references or third party background checks (all the foregoing collectively, “Personal Data” constituting “Sensitive Personal Data” defined by prevailing privacy legislation). We will use your Personal Data to process your application.
For the purpose of evaluating your application, we may also share Personal Data with EIS Group’s entities, service providers, references and referees, and with a party that EIS legally combines a substantial portion of its assets, shares, or other business. We may also disclose your Personal Data when legally required (for example to tax authorities in order to calculate your appropriate taxation, compensation or salary payments).
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’:
- You consent to EIS Group collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data potentially outside the country where you reside, and/or to EIS Group’s third party service providers for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
- You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time, and to correct any errors.
- You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 12 months.
Please note that EIS Group does not accept resumes or honor referrals from parties seeking recruiting fees without a signed formal agreement in advance.