Who We Are
EIS Group is a global innovator, committed to providing the insurance industry with transformational platforms to enable their success. We deliver a digital insurance platform built to move insurance carriers closer to their customers.
At EIS Group, our mission is unwavering: continue to grow as a global leader—delivering innovative, transformational solutions that combine best-in-class technology with deep domain expertise and proven business practices, establish key business relationships, and to employ a talent pool of the best and brightest, well-trained, highly-motivated individuals.
Our culture is highly innovative, collaborative and focused on building and maintaining relationships that allow us to surpass our customers’ expectations. We embrace the qualities that make each of our team members unique and develop each other’s skillsets so that together we can be stronger than the sum of our parts.
We are looking for smart, dynamic and intuitive people to join our growing team of insurance technology professionals and industry experts.
About the Role
The Senior Business Analyst will perform insurance industry analysis, specializing in Benefits, and design support to existing and new clients of EIS Group. The Analyst will work with the client staff and EIS Group onshore and offshore delivery resources, Program and Product Management to document business cases & solutions and create requirement specifications for EIS Suite™ software. S/he will learn EIS Group products, establish a critical path for requirements gathering based on priority and interdependences; manage and coordinate business analysis in one or more functional areas; document business process specifications and functional requirements and communicate them to delivery team for development; advise the client on how best to utilize the EIS Group Base system functionality to avoid customizations; and support the documentation for all business activities.
- Leverage insurance domain knowledge and work with clients on a project to understand their business needs and to resolve business issues; conduct discovery sessions, create blueprints and specifications; assist application architects in project effort estimations; translate blueprints and specs into lower-level Agile artifacts, manage changes to all artifacts and work with delivery teams to implement; Develop themes, epics and user stories; Secure development/QA sign-off of user stories; Secure client approval and sign-off
- Participate in cross-functional teams to identify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources and distribution paths, and system specifications
- Evaluate existing EIS Group applications, which could address client requirements and develop recommendations where appropriate
- Participate in the development of repeatable processes and methodologies that will be used in client implementations of EIS Group products, from discovery to post-deployment stages
- Lead a team of BA’s, and collaborate with solution architects, to resolve system analysis and architectural issues; Take full responsibility for requirements quality from gathering (working with client) through implementation (working with development and QA)
- Work with EIS Group product management and technical resources to identify solutions to client requirements using existing EIS configuration mechanisms
- Understand and analyze regulatory information to determine the impact on system and ensure the quality of system changes throughout the cycle
- Create, with the project manager, the project definition, summarizing all of the requirements gathered and defining the scope of the solution, including what is NOT in scope, help identify and mitigate project risks
- Work with senior IT staff and Quality Assurance/Testing groups to expand and enhance test documentation (test plans, test cases, and test scripts) and test execution skills
- Conduct user training and system demos
- Benefit insurance company experience strongly preferred
- 5 + years of insurance functional area experience, i.e., agency licensing, billing, claims, commissions, finance, policy, operations, rating or underwriting, with a background either as an analyst/technology employee of an insurance company or as a consultant providing services to insurance companies
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Business Analyst, Systems Analyst or Programmer-Analyst
- Experience with at least one standard Business Analysis tool preferred; Experience with object, process, or data modeling is a strong plus; Basic knowledge of SQL required; Object-oriented application development or database programming experience is a plus; Experience with Agile project methodology and artifacts are a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s in Engineering/Computer Science or International Affairs/Economics or MBA a strong plus
- Insurance certification such as CPCU/IIA or similar desired but not required; Working knowledge of ACORD standards helpful but not required
- Experience gathering and documenting business requirements for a software project
- Ability to understand complex business processes with excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to work independently; take initiative; take lead project roles; facilitate client work sessions; provide consultative recommendations to our team and the client
- Working knowledge and understanding of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively to gain cooperation within a multi-disciplinary team; onshore/offshore experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; Fluency in English a must
- Bi/multilingual language skills a plus
- Working knowledge of Mandarin or Russian a strong plus
- Strong MS Office Suite skills, including Excel, MS Project and Visio
- Travel – approximately 50% domestically and/or internationally may be required
EIS Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), M/F/Disability/Veterans, and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
Use the “Apply Now” button below, or email your resume and/or CV to email@example.com.