Who We Are
EIS Group is a global innovator, committed to providing the insurance industry with transformational solutions. We deliver a digital insurance platform built to move insurance carriers closer to their customers.
At EIS Group, our mission is unwavering: continue to grow as a global leader—delivering innovative, transformational solutions that combine best-in-class technology with deep domain expertise and proven business practices, establish key business relationships, and to employ a talent pool of the best and brightest, well-trained, and highly-motivated individuals.
Our culture is highly innovative, collaborative and focused on building and maintaining relationships that allow us to surpass our customers’ expectations. We embrace the qualities that make each of our team members unique and develop each other’s skillsets so that together we can be stronger than the sum of our parts.
We are looking for smart, dynamic and intuitive people to join our growing team of insurance technology professionals and industry experts.
About the Role
The Senior Business Analyst- Claims will act as a subject matter expert and will be responsible for bridging the gap between the business and technology teams. In this role, you will be managing and coordinating business analysis, understanding as-is processes, identifying gaps, process re-engineering, and contributing to solution design. Other key facets of this role include: documenting, translating, and simplifying requirements, definition and execution of use cases, configuration within business tools, task and team management, and strategic planning. The Sr. B/A will work in conjunction with multiple departments including Professional Services, Development, Delivery (on and offshore), and Product Management teams, to document business cases/solutions and generate requirement specifications of EIS application suite of software.
- Leverage insurance domain knowledge and work with clients on a project to understand their business needs and to resolve business issues; conduct discovery sessions, create blueprints and specifications; assist application architects in project effort estimations; translate blueprints and specs into Agile artifacts, manage changes to all artifacts and work with delivery teams to implement; Secure development/QA and client sign-off Identify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources and distribution paths, and system specifications
- Work closely with EIS Group internal business units and clients to provide system training, complete test scenarios, and troubleshoot system defects or configuration errors
- Build, maintain and prepare documentation of issues, audits and training materials; This may include participation in policy discussions regarding application usage, contract interpretation and to maintain data integrity and/or standardized processes
- Offer recommendations for the development and modification of system specifications, payment logic, and information in the claims processing system
- Work with System Team, IT and administration in defining, developing, and implementing new or modified systems and programs to help streamline/correct processes for higher quality outcome
- Understand and analyze regulatory information to determine the impact on system and ensure the quality of system changes throughout the cycle
- Create, with the project manager, the project definition, summarizing all of the requirements gathered and defining the scope of the solution, including what is NOT in scope, help identify and mitigate project risks
- Conduct user training and system demos
- 5+ years of requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them
- 5+ years of leading platform implementations in enterprise solutions and/or insurance functional area experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst, Systems Analyst or Programmer-Analyst
- Possess an understanding of the full lifecycle of an insurance claim, from creation, status, payments to closure.
- Possess an understanding of the link and relations to policy, payments, and reserves.
- Has experience working with claims teams in some capacity
- Experience with business analysis tools and basic knowledge of SQL required
- Experience with object, process, or data modeling and object-oriented application development a plus
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Ability to understand/follow an agile or iterative software development methodology
- Highly motivated, a quick learner, to work independently or on a team and drive solutions with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of agile software development processes, and iterative development principles
- Ability to act as a liaison with the client group and the IT team to facilitate an effective and seamless communication channel
- Lead complex projects and distributed project teams as the prime owner for their success and delivery
- Create and manage all project management resources including project plan, issues log and status updates
- Coordinate internal resources and external parties as required through meeting planning and assignment of tasks
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters in Engineering/Computer Science a plus
- Experience in P&C and/or Group and Worksite Benefits insurance preferred
- Strong MS Office Suite skills, including Excel, MS Project and Visio
- Ability to travel as required
EIS Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), M/F/Disability/Veterans, and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
Use the “Apply Now” button below, or email your resume and/or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.