Who We Are
EIS Group is a global innovator, committed to providing the insurance industry with transformational platforms to enable their success. We deliver a digital insurance platform built to move insurance carriers closer to their customers.
At EIS Group, our mission is unwavering: continue to grow as a global leader—delivering innovative solutions that combine best-in-class technology with deep domain expertise and proven business practices, establish key business relationships, and to employ a talent pool of the best and brightest, well-trained, highly-motivated individuals.
Our culture is highly innovative, collaborative and focused on building and maintaining relationships that allow us to surpass our customers’ expectations. We embrace the qualities that make each of our team members unique and develop each other’s skillsets so that together we can be stronger than the sum of our parts.
We are looking for smart, dynamic and intuitive people to join our growing team of insurance technology professionals and industry experts.
About the Role
As the team lead for the Digital Experience UI team, you will have responsibility for building business solutions aligned with the EIS digital strategy. This role will be critical in implementing and establishing digital capabilities across EIS Group’s transactional core insurance platform(s).
You will be the lead “hands-on” architect for the EIS UI platform. You will use your deep experience to further architect, develop and lead the UI architecture and components to support EIS product and platform. Additionally, you will provide architectural guidance and review the UI architecture, code and artifacts and direct the team into providing clean code and architecture.
- Lead an existing strong team of UI developers across multiple, global locations
- Participate as a technical expert in design and development of persona applications as part of the EIS platform
- Maintain the EIS UI architecture and maintain its alignment with the overall EIS technology roadmap
- Guide and Enhance UI coding standards, development guidelines and delivery practices for speed and efficiency
- Lead/contribute in architecture, design & code reviews for members
- Guide and help develop team members
- Define, suggest and implement proof-of-concepts for improving the UI new technologies
- Occasional travel to client or staff locations
- Demonstrate & utilize excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- 8+ years of professional experience as a software developer with a greater focus on UI and front-end architecture.
- A deep knowledge of modern web frameworks and web architecture best practices and patterns.
- Experience leading a team of developers; ideally distributed team lead experience with developers and QA staff in remote locations
- Strong experience with REACT and related technologies – REACT 15/16, REDUX, Webpack, Typescript
- Strong UI, LESS, SCSS, HTML responsive design, e.g. CSS grid, flexbox, media queries
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Secure UI development best practices, e.g. OWASP
- Experience with CI/CD and GIT, Jenkins or similar
- Deep understanding and experience with cloud and security and authentication
- Experience with REST APIs and REST API best practices
- Experienced with deploying cloud architectures; AWS, Azure
- Good experience with Agile process and planning, JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
EIS Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), M/F/Disability/Veterans, and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
Use the “Apply Now” button below, or apply here.
Thank you for your interest in EIS Group. By submitting your resume or employment application, we collect personal information, such as your education, training, qualifications, previous employment and other details you provide, as well as information EIS Group obtains from references or third party background checks (all the foregoing collectively, “Personal Data” constituting “Sensitive Personal Data” defined by prevailing privacy legislation). We will use your Personal Data to process your application.
For the purpose of evaluating your application, we may also share Personal Data with EIS Group’s entities, service providers, references and referees, and with a party that EIS legally combines a substantial portion of its assets, shares, or other business. We may also disclose your Personal Data when legally required (for example to tax authorities in order to calculate your appropriate taxation, compensation or salary payments).
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’:
- You consent to EIS Group collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data potentially outside the country where you reside, and/or to EIS Group’s third party service providers for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
- You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time, and to correct any errors.
- You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 12 months.
Please note that EIS Group does not accept resumes or honor referrals from parties seeking recruiting fees without a signed formal agreement in advance.