EIS Group is a global innovator, providing the insurance industry with transformational platforms to enable their success. We are committed to delivering tools, digital enablement, and exploring emerging technologies that drive efficiency and empower clients to reimagine the possible.
Our culture is highly innovative, collaborative and focused on building and maintaining relationships that allow us to surpass our customers’ expectations. We embrace the qualities that make each of our team members unique and develop each other’s skillsets so that together we can be stronger than the sum of our parts.
We are looking for smart, dynamic and intuitive people to join our growing team of insurance technology professionals and industry experts.
About the Role
The Business Architect will be responsible for working directly with EIS Group client companies to fully understand the key business objectives they seek to achieve through their work with EIS Group. Marrying that understanding with a keen knowledge of EIS Suite™ capabilities, the Architect will define the plan by which the client’s needs will be addressed within the base EIS® solution. Where it is determined those needs are not directly addressed by current EIS Suite capabilities, the Business Architect will work to design and socialize proposed solutions to the client’s needs. Those solutions can and should include recommended changes in current client business processes and procedures capable of achieving the desired business objective without the cost of modifications to EIS Suite.
To Be Successful
A candidate must be able to provide a holistic business perspective capable of both understanding a client’s strategic imperatives and then translating that understanding into clear tactical direction for EIS Group project teams charged with the implementation of the defined solutions. Success will require leveraging the candidate’s deep knowledge of the Benefits industry with an acquired understanding of the capabilities of EIS Suite in order to build credibility and confidence with customer executives and team members through the delivery of tangible business results.
- Works closely with client Product Owner(s) to fully identify the key business objectives they seek to address through the implementation of EIS Suite and builds credibility through a demonstrated understanding of the Benefits business and the client’s needs within that context.
- Provides overall direction and guidance in the definition of solutions that effectively address a client’s business requirements while leveraging core EIS Suite capabilities whenever and wherever possible.
- Where solutions to a client’s needs are not fully addressed by current core EIS Suite capabilities, identifies potential alternatives for the client’s consideration. These alternatives should first and foremost focus on potential changes to a client’s current processes/procedures that would enable leveraging current EIS capabilities to achieve the same objectives but through a different means.
- Where no other alternatives acceptable to the client are identified, works closely with EIS Solution Architects to design potential modifications to EIS Suite that are architecturally sound and socializes that solution with the client to ensure agreement prior to commencement of implementation.
- Adheres to, advocates for, and actively enforces the EIS Feature Validation process methodology to enable the expedited identity of the required changes to EIS Suite associated with a client’s implementation (e.g. configurations to be made, extensions of base code to be designed, required internal and external integrations to other systems, etc).
- Executes the following responsibilities in accordance with the Feature Validation process:
- Works with EIS Group and client Program Directors to plan the agenda, logistics and suggested client participants for Feature Validation workshops;
- Prepares and distributes to client Program Director any advance materials required to be reviewed and/or completed by the client prior to workshop commencement;
- Works with the Business Analyst(s) for each particular workstream to ensure understanding of their roles during Feature Validation and familiarity with and understanding of the required Feature Validation artifacts to be generated;
- Actively facilitates one or more workstream workshops dependent on area(s) of specialized expertise (i.e. policy/product, billing, claims);
- Monitors the ongoing timeliness and quality of requirements output from each workshop;
- Works with the client Program Director to ensure the timely review, feedback, and approval of requirements by client Product Owners;
- Contributes to the generation of the Final Feature Validation Report for the client’s consideration and approval prior to moving into the Implementation phase (i.e. DeltaCapture) of the project
- Provides counsel and advice to EIS Implementation teams through knowledge gained through the Feature Validation process.
- Exhibits highly professional, client-focused behavior which supports EIS Group’s ability to build lasting, productive client relationships
- Educates customer and partner audiences on EIS applications and demonstrates system functionality when required to emphasize the usability, integrated nature, and key functional aspects of the Suite.
- Works with third-party systems integrator(s) to enable productive working relationships that benefit our clients, EIS Group, and the third-party integrator.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
- 8-10 years of experience working in or consulting to the Benefits insurance industry
- Ability to think strategically and solution tactically
- Deep consultative and facilitation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Experience working closely with one or more vendor software applications preferred
- Experience in systems implementation projects is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must
- Ability to travel (estimated 40% – 75% domestically and internationally)
EIS Group also provides you with empowering mentorships and digital learning opportunities, to help further develop your career. If you are ready to execute innovative solutions, apply new ideas, further hone your unique skillset, and join an exceptional professional services organization, apply now at email@example.com
EIS Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), M/F/Disability/Veterans, and strongly supports and encourages diversity in the workforce.
Thank you for your interest in EIS Group. By submitting your resume or employment application, we collect personal information, such as your education, training, qualifications, previous employment and other details you provide, as well as information EIS Group obtains from references or third party background checks (all the foregoing collectively, “Personal Data” constituting “Sensitive Personal Data” defined by prevailing privacy legislation). We will use your Personal Data to process your application.
For the purpose of evaluating your application, we may also share Personal Data with EIS Group’s entities, service providers, references and referees, and with a party that EIS legally combines a substantial portion of its assets, shares, or other business. We may also disclose your Personal Data when legally required (for example to tax authorities in order to calculate your appropriate taxation, compensation or salary payments).
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’:
- You consent to EIS Group collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data potentially outside the country where you reside, and/or to EIS Group’s third party service providers for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
- You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time, and to correct any errors.
- You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 12 months.
Please note that EIS Group does not accept resumes or honor referrals from parties seeking recruiting fees without a signed formal agreement in advance.