Who We Are
EIS Group is a global innovator, committed to providing the insurance industry with transformational platforms to enable their success. We deliver a digital insurance platform built to move insurance carriers closer to their customers.
At EIS Group, our mission is unwavering: continue to grow as a global leader—delivering innovative, transformational solutions that combine best-in-class technology with deep domain expertise and proven business practices, establish key business relationships, and to employ a talent pool of the best and brightest, well-trained, highly-motivated individuals.
Our culture is highly innovative, collaborative and focused on building and maintaining relationships that allow us to surpass our customers’ expectations. We embrace the qualities that make each of our team members unique and develop each other’s skillsets so that together we can be stronger than the sum of our parts.
We are looking for smart, dynamic and intuitive people to join our growing team of insurance technology professionals and industry experts.
About the Role
The Software Architect drives innovation and brings new ideas into EIS Group’s digital insurance technology software products. She/he will need to “think big” and determine how new applications and corresponding processes can be used to solve business challenges in a creative, scalable, and impactful way. This role is the liaison between cross-functional teams and is responsible for leading the development of new features from conception through deployment. Experience with all facets of the software development lifecycle (analysis, requirements definition, design, development, testing, implementation, deployment, and support) is preferred as the role is intricately woven into each step. The individual must be an excellent communicator, tactful diplomat, problem solver, thinker, and analyzer—with the ability to understand and respond to user needs in a rapidly changing business environment.
- 5+ years Software Architect experience in commercial software development.
- Higher technical education.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, advanced English written, reading and speaking skills.
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries.
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
- Professional experience architecting/operating enterprise solutions.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-oriented mindset.
- Must be able to handle aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to think creatively under constrained deadlines.
- Knowledge of architectural, code level, and enterprise design patterns.
- Ability to write clear architectural design proposals.
- UML modeling techniques.
- Familiar with Agile Scrum.
- High knowledge and experience with the following:
- Java Enterprise Edition
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle or SQL Server) and SQL
- Spring framework (IoC, Transactions, Web Services)
- JSF, JSP basics
- Hibernate (JPA version)
- SQL+HQL (Hibernate query language)
- Liquibase scripts
- XML, SOAP
- Code management tool: Mercurial (or SVN)
- IDEA / Eclipse
- Tomcat / JBoss / Websphere
What We Offer
- Good compensation based on the regular performance reviews.
- Variety of new knowledge sharing.
- Unique international work environment.
- 28 calendar days of paid vacation, paid sick leave.
- Medical insurance for employees.
- Various social & team-building activities.
- Free English lessons.
- Comfortable office near the Moskovskaya metro station.
EIS Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), M/F/Disability/Veterans, and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
Use the “Apply Now” button below, or apply here.